It isn’t even summer yet and many Michiganders have already endured power outages due to storms that have knocked down power lines and utility poles. Here a few tried and true tips for weathering another storm season:
- Have on hand a portable radio, flashlights and fresh batteries.
- Know where your electric circuit box is located in your home and know how to turn the power on and off.
- Before reporting an outage to your electric utility provider, be sure to check if you have a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
- Outside, watch out for fallen wires, broken utility poles or tree limbs on a power line. Stay clear of power lines and anything a power line is touching.
- If you have a generator, be sure it is connected by a licensed electrician
Remember that Oak Electric is your source for sales, service, rental, installation and maintenance of leading brands of a wide range of standby and backup generator systems for business and residential customers. We’ve installed over 3,000 generators in Southeast Michigan.
Oak Electric Service is one of southeast Michigan’s leading electrical contractors. We are standing by to answer all of your residential and commercial electrical questions. Give us a call at (800) 964-7070. Be sure to ask about our “Free Electrical Safety Inspection.” We invite you to visit our website at www.oakelectric.com to learn more about us.