Generators in Ann Arbor, MI
Michigan ranks fourth in the nation for the number of power outages, so you need something to rely on when your power goes out. Oak Electric provides generators, specializing in Generac generators, throughout Ann Arbor, MI, and the surrounding areas so that you can have power when you need it most.
We service all properties because we understand that no matter the type of property you have, you need access to power to function. Our experts work with you to find the right generators for various property types, including:
Our technicians know generators inside and out so that they can offer all the parts, maintenance, and repairs necessary to keep your generator in working condition.
We are available 24/7 to provide generator service because we understand that emergencies are never planned and often arise at inconvenient times outside of normal business hours.
Our team provides automatic standby backup generators instead of portable generators because they have fewer dangers and simplify the process for you. With our automatic backup generators, your power is immediately restored after it goes out, with little to no effort on your part.
We also install all our Generac generators according to guidelines from the Department of Energy to keep you, your family, your employees, your customers, and any others working on the power lines safe. Your power and your safety are our priorities.
Oak Electric has helped Ann Arbor, MI, residents keep their power running smoothly for more than 40 years. We use those decades of experience to swiftly diagnose and solve any problems with your generator. In that time we’ve complete more than 6,000 installations, demonstrating our commitment to local service.
Protect your property from the dangers of a power outage and a portable generator with Generac generators from Oak Electric in Ann Arbor, MI. Call (800) 964-7070 with any questions you have today.
Also Serving South East Michigan
Our goal (simply put) is to optimize life and help people be prepared for the unexpected.
your team of standby power experts!
We install 4-5 Backup Generators per day with 5 additional maintenance and repair technicians on staff to support your installation! Don’t settle for anything less!
We stand behind our work and value your business.
Why you should choose an automatic standby backup generator vs. a portable generator…
The Federal Department of Energy advises of the following risks and warnings when using portable generators during power outages:
- Incorrect generator use can lead to carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning from the engine exhaust, electric shock or electrocution, and fire. Even if you can’t smell exhaust fumes, you may still be exposed to CO.
- Position generators outdoors and well away from any structure—Running a generator inside any enclosed or partially enclosed structure will lead to dangerous and often fatal levels of CO.
- Keep the generator dry—Operate it on a dry surface under an open, canopy-like structure, and make sure your hands are dry before touching the generator. Do not use the generator in rainy or wet conditions.
- There are many problems if you do not disconnect your normal source of power. Otherwise, power from your generator could be sent back to the utility company lines, creating a hazardous situation for utility workers.
- Turn the generator off and let it cool before refueling. If not, it can cause fire or explosions.
Michigan Ranks 4th Nationally for Power Outages…
“There were 192 reported power outages in Michigan in 2016, according to the Eaton Blackout Tracker Annual Report, putting Michigan ‒ which is 10th nationally in population ‒ behind only California, Texas and New York in the total reported number of outages.
Michigan also had the fourth-most power outages cumulatively from 2011 through 2016, according to Eaton…”