May was National Electrical Safety Month. Yes, May has come and gone, but it’s really never too late to review things we can do to use electricity safely in our homes.
Oak Electric Service is so focused on safety that we will provide a “Free Safety Inspection” while we are at your home or business on a project.
Here are just a few of the things our inspection includes:
- A visual inspection of service panels, the main service cables and the ground system
- Checking the electrical panel for stickers
- Inspecting and testing ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) receptacles
- Telling you about surge protection options
- Checking the location of smoke detectors and testing them
- Giving you suggestions on how to save energy
- Showing you the safety benefits of arc fault breakers
Just a reminder to Do-It-Yourselfers—It’s tempting to consider tackling an electrical project around the house, or to let someone doing other work at your home try to do an electrical repair. But it can be a costly and dangerous mistake not to use a licensed electrician for most electrical work. Even the slightest mistake can end up being a fire hazard down the road.
Oak Electric Service is one of southeast Michigan’s leading electrical and renewable energy contractors. Give us a call at (800) 964-7070. We are standing by to answer all of your residential and commercial electrical questions. We will always personally answer your phone call – you will never reach an answering service! Be sure to ask about our “Free Electrical Safety Inspection” with every job. We invite you to visit our website at www.oakelectric.com to learn more about us.