Energy efficiency refers to using less energy to perform a specific task. For example, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) can light your home using less energy than conventional incandescent bulbs.
Energy conservation involves reducing your need for energy through behavior changes, such as setting your thermostat lower.
In addition to using CFL and LED light bulbs in your home, here are some things you can do to improve both your energy efficiency and your energy conservation habits:
- Avoid rapid on/off switching
- Use dimmers, with appropriate bulbs designed for them
- Look for light bulbs with the Energy Star certified logo. Unlike less expensive bulbs, Energy Star certified bulbs must meet a wide range of criteria that ensure overall quality.
- Use photocells and motions sensors with bulbs designed for them
- Use timers
- Make optimum use of natural lighting
- Turn lights off when you leave a room
Oak Electric Service is one of southeast Michigan’s leading electrical and renewable energy contractors. Give us a call at (800) 964-7070. We are standing by to answer all of your residential and commercial electrical questions. We will always personally answer your phone call – you will never reach an answering service! Be sure to ask about our “Free Electrical Safety Inspection” with every job. We invite you to visit our website at www.oakelectric.com to learn more about us.