Since creating our Green Division in 2008, Oak Electric Service has become one of Southeast Michigan’s leading solar panel system installers. Visit our website to check out some of the solar installations we are so proud of having installed for customers all over the state of Michigan—Ann Arbor, Birmingham, Bloomfield, Brighton, Clarkston, Dexter, Dryden, Manchester, Rochester and other cities.
If you have been thinking about solar panels for your home or business, here are some facts you might find interesting:
- About 68 percent of solar PV systems in the U.S. have been installed in the last two and a half years.
- The advantages of solar power are projected to more than double total U.S. solar power capacity within the next few years.
- Solar power was the second largest source of new electricity generating capacity in America in 2013, exceeded only by natural gas.
- Companies such as Walmart, Ikea, Google, Apple, Walgreens, and Kohl’s are going solar to a big degree.
- U.S. solar panel installations smaller than or equal to 10kW in size dropped in price approximately 14 percent in 2012.
- Solar panels today cost about half of what they did in 2008.
- Most people go solar because of the financial benefits, not for the environment.
- People of all political and religious stripes go solar—conservatives and liberals; religious and non-religious people; and a high proportion of military veterans.
- In one-fourth of the states, homeowners can get a better return on investment from going solar than from the S&P 500 stock index.
The Top Ten Solar areas in the U.S. are Fresno, CA in the number one spot followed by: Phoenix, Las Vegas, Sacramento-Yolo, San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, San Diego, Philadelphia, New York City, Los Angeles and San Antonio.
Oak Electric Service is one of southeast Michigan’s leading electrical and renewable energy contractors. Give us a call at (800) 964-7070. We are standing by to answer all of your residential and commercial electrical questions. We will always personally answer your phone call – you will never reach an answering service! Be sure to ask about our “Free Electrical Safety Inspection” with every job. We invite you to visit our website at www.oakelectric.com to learn more about us.