Kitchen Safety at Thanksgiving

Posted on November 23, 2013
Thanksgiving is coming up fast and Oak Electric Service would like to take a moment to thank all of our loyal customers for your patronage over the years. Many of us will be spending more time in the kitchen preparing a great holiday feast for family and friends. But did you know that Thanksgiving is the part of the house where two-thirds of all home fires start? With all of the activity ahead, here are some basic, common-sense reminders to ensure that you enjoy a safe Thanksgiving at your... Read more

Use Portable Space Heaters Safely

Posted on October 15, 2012
As temperatures drop, many families may use portable electric space heaters to help warm their homes. The Electrical Safety Foundation International warns that space heaters could cause fires and injuries if not used properly. In fact, the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that more than 25,000 residential fires every year are associated with the use of space heaters, causing more than 300 deaths. An estimated 6,000 persons receive hospital emergency room care for burn injuries... Read more