Carbon Monoxide and Portable Generator Use

Posted on March 9, 2014
If you have a home or small business portable generator, a primary hazard to avoid when using it is carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning from the toxic engine exhaust. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless and poisonous gas that weakens the blood’s ability to carry oxygen to organs and body tissues. People often don’t know they are breathing CO and poisoning can occur in minutes. Symptoms include dizziness, drowsiness, severe headache, weakness, nausea and confusion. If you... Read more